Thursday, 28 January 2016

Disappearing Act

I was doing pretty well with the blogging, but clearly just stopped. Things got really busy at work, and in life...Christmas is always a busy time and we had family visiting and I barely turned the computer on. I thought about blogging but I didn't blog and then it became this self-fulfilling prophesy where I didn't want to catch up on all the missed time so I put off blogging so there was more to update so I put off blogging.

And maybe I got a bit tired of the lines and the sticks and the acronyms and the online world.

IUIs #2, 3 and 4 were all negative. I did much better with the waiting on these. Much less crazy. Able to distract. Probably because I had no time to think about what was going on inside because there was so much going on with work/life. It got a bit stressful there and I'm not all that surprised that IUI#4 didn't work because I was just...not sleeping well, not eating well, you know. Generally doing all the things I shouldn't.

Amazingly, I only had to avoid drinking for my work Christmas party. All other events I was clear, which was nice that I could enjoy myself without having to make stupid excuses. That was nice.

So after IUI#4 failed, we had some decisions to make. We have one vial of sperm left. I do not want to pay for more, plus shipping, plus receiving fee. It's all too much. So while my doctor said that I'm not diagnosed "infertile" and in need of IVF until 6 failed well-timed IUIs, we have decided to move on to IVF. I'm done with 15% chances. 70% (for my age) sounds SO much better.

I'm actually saying this a bit out of order. I was still within the two week wait for IUI#4 when we met with the doctor to discuss IVF. We had basically made the decision over Christmas that we would use the last sperm vial for IVF, and put all our eggs (hah!) and more importantly, money, into hopefully making more than one embryo that will turn one sperm vial into more than one actual try. I don't know, it makes sense in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment